We hosted the first Community Call of 2021 for URx (University Recruiting). We had over 100 members join! Below are a few discussion highlights and updates from the OneReq Team.
All topics and questions on the agenda were curated from the members in attendance.
Best practices for remote internships (1-2 things to look out for)
- Provide strong mentorship and training
- Participation in team meetings, get in front of HMs – provide a community / culture where interns can share
- Require all company-wide manager trainings for mentors (same as intern managers)
- Opportunity to now change from the reactive actions of last summer to a proactive approach to this summer considering both social justice and covid
- Intern buddy, guides for mentors, interns & buddies, dev an intern site, Creating a Microsoft Team site.
- Business overviews twice a week. Intern cohort get together with business group
OneReq Recruiter Academy Update
We shared an update on our Recruiter Academy, a new initiative with a mission to develop a diverse, new generation of recruiters. If you would like to get involved, please fill out this form on our website.
URx Forward 2021
Confirmed for May 6-7, 2021! The call for speakers is open. Themes this year include to present on topics related to diversity & inclusion, recruiting strategies, talent development, relationship building and managing programs in a virtual environment and volunteers who can lend their expertise in making URx Forward 2021 an awesome virtual conference experience!
Resuming in February. Please contact @Carrolynn Choi on Slack if you would like to be featured in an AMA.
OneReq Website Refresh
Easily find and post jobs or events specific to recruiting. Members can also navigate all the resources OneReq has to offer. Our blog continues to feature thought leadership from our community members such as this and this. If you’d like to write a piece, please email wahab [at] onereq.com or reach out to @Wahab on Slack.
Q4 UR Benchmarking Survey Deadline Extended
The deadline to complete the Q4 2020 UR Benchmarking Survey has been extended to Friday, January 22. To get a full copy of the complete report, please submit your response here.
Thank you to everyone who attended our first Community Call of the year! Shout out to Carolynn and Michele for being great hosts. If you would like to host/emcee the next community call be sure to email char [at] onereq.com or slack @char.