URx Forward 2021
The session will provide specific details, preparation, execution, and outcome summary of “sell/batch” interview day(s) that Zwift created to efficiently hire our Summer Zwifterns (Interns) into a 12-week program. Zwift used “profile” hiring to source/attract/hire students in a one month period (March 15 – April 15). The interview day(s) were created to provide students with the necessary information to learn more about the company, that has little talent brand in the university market, and also allowed Zwift to efficiently assess students in a 1 – 2 day interview session vs interviews that would run for many weeks. It helped solve the problem of how to hire a large number of students in a short amount of time, all the while maintaining the quality hiring process already in place for full-time hiring.
- Zwift team pulled off a superhuman effort to hire 35 interns in ~2 weeks!
- RippleMatch comes highly recommended by Zwift team; it was a helpful sourcing and hiring tool
- The team conducted recruiter screens leading up to Batch Interview Day
- Batch Interview Day included:
- 2 series of interviews
- A Lunch & Learn
- Opportunities to meet with different members of the company
- Students and managers responded very positively to the experience; was a great way for folks to get a glimpse into the company culture and hire at-scale
About The Speaker
Joy Osborne is a seasoned university professional with 20+ years of experience within the education and corporate world. She entered her career as an elementary school educator, focusing on upper elementary grades (4 – 6), and taught for 5.5 years in the public school system and overseas in Tanzania, Africa. After returning to the US in 1998, she transitioned into the corporate world where she spent the next 20 years working in technology arenas, including eBay, NetApp, Yelp, and Palo Alto Networks. She’s currently the Director, University Talent Engagement & Programs at Zwift. She’s eager to build out more formal Zwift university programs and help create experiences that her candidates will love. She continues to thrive on supporting the next generation of talent to navigate their career adventures.