Hi Community! It has been a tough couple of weeks with pauses on hiring and job cuts across the tech sector. Our hearts are broken to see so many of our community members affected by recent layoffs. We are here for you. We grieve with you. We are here to walk alongside you. We are thinking of you and here to support you.
As always, we promise to keep it brief and interesting!
Jobs Report Highlights
- The US added 261,000 jobs in October, and the unemployment rate was at 3.7%.
- Indeed Hiring Lab reports the five largest declines in job postings by occupational sector from December 31, 2021 to October 21, 2022 were in Software Development, Human Resources, Marketing, Mathematics, and Scientific Research & Development.
- CNN reports that headline jobs numbers and third-quarter corporate earnings still reflect a strong economy overall. But other companies won’t be immune to the softening demand from consumers and businesses that tech companies have noted.
Talent Acquisition Professional Compensation Survey
Get insights into the current state of compensation for talent acquisition professionals
The purpose of this annual survey is to capture a snapshot of compensation trends amongst talent acquisition professionals. The subsequent report will support your and our community as they advance at any stage of their career in recruiting.
The OneReq Talent Acquisition Professional Compensation Survey is 100% anonymous.
The questions in this survey focus exclusively on compensation and gather other data points in order to provide context into our deep-cut analysis of the factors currently impacting salaries, and to help you stay in the know about how much your experience and position is worth.
The Craft of Recruiting with Paula Judge, VP Talent at Accel Gradience Podcast
If you’re interested in getting team building tips from a successful founder, want to learn how to create an organic culture for your team, and want to build a thriving cross-functional team, tune in to this episode of The Gradience Podcast, a Podcast by Build Talent. In this episode, guest host, Brian Bocchino, is joined by Paula Judge, VP of Talent at Accel.
University & Emerging Talent Recruiting
URx Leaders Summit 2022
URx Leaders Summit 2022 is just a month away! We are so excited to have leaders from Electronic Arts, Flexport, and Kohl’s join us in conversation about the importance of products and tools to create and scale early talent programs. This panel will explore the options across all aspects of a program and how to best identify the needs and wants of your program and the marketplace or tools to support you.
The agenda for URx Leaders Summit 2022 is now LIVE, featuring an exciting line-up of leaders from HubSpot, Netflix, RippleMatch and more. If you are a UR leader, join us on December 8-9 to discuss top level topics and trends in the University & Emerging Talent space.
Community Partner Updates
As a member of URx, get featured on Scholars’ The Internship Show – the #1 podcast for college students looking to get hired. Showcase your program, highlight your brand, and provide a peek into what life’s like as an employee at your organization. The Internship Show has featured companies like CrowdStrike, Accenture, Smartsheet, and Baker Tilly. Want to be our next guest? Contact host Parker Pell today.
Are you committed to paying your interns fair wages? Whether you’re paying them $15+/hr now or are working on ensuring your interns get paid fairly, join us and orgs like Zendesk, Jobs for the Future (JFF), ROI DNA, and Veritas Technologies in signing the Paid Internships Pledge! Sign the Pledge
From the OneReq Slack #jobs channel
– Hiring for your Talent Acquisition Team? Post your job today
What We’re Reading
- The US Labor Market is less tight than it appears to be according to LinkedIn data analyzed by Harvard Business Review and it suggests that the Fed may be at risk of raising rates too quickly.
- Job postings on Indeed were 48.8% above their pre-pandemic baseline as of October 21, signaling vigorous hiring intentions.
- In a post-pandemic workplace where talent retention and productivity have become top executive priorities, clearly purposeful organizations come out on top according to HBR.
- Despite the venture slowdown, fintech startups are still hiring according to TechCrunch.
- HR Brew partnered with the Harris Poll to survey 1,950 employees. Here’s what they had to say about workplace tech.
- HBR lays out six behavioral nudges that can help companies develop practices that reduce bias, boost diversity, and create the best possible talent pools.